Prevent Computer-Related Neck Pain with Chiropractic Treatment
If you sit at a desk all day, you’re no stranger to the neck pain that can result.
If you’re ready to ease the neck pain and headaches, you need chiropractic neck pain treatment from your Ridge Farm chiropractor. Treatment includes suggestions about how to prevent neck pain while at your desk.
How to Prevent Neck Pain While Sitting at Your Computer
Since more people than ever are working in front of a computer, chiropractors are seeing an influx of neck pain cases. Thankfully, with a few simple changes, you can prevent neck pain.
The Importance of Posture
Besides simply sitting too long, poor posture is one of the main causes of a sore neck. Some tips for better posture and workplace ergonomics include:
- Stand and sit tall. Avoid slouching.
- Raise your laptop or monitor to a height that allows you to look straight ahead instead of looking down.
- While working, keep your elbows and knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor while at your desk.
- Throughout the day, take a few minutes to do some neck stretches to relieve tired muscles.
- Avoid spending too much time looking down to write notes or looking at your phone or electronic device. If you can’t avoid this, take breaks regularly.
Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment – What’s Involved?
What if you’ve tried implementing better ergonomic practices without success? Then, it’s time for neck pain treatment from your Ridge Farm chiropractor.
Your neck pain treatment plan can include:
If you’re dealing with cervical (neck) misalignment, good posture won’t matter. The misalignment puts pressure on the muscles, tendons, joints, ligaments, and nerves of the head, neck, and shoulders. Tension and pain can only be remedied when the spine has been realigned.
Enjoy a Healthier Lifestyle with Recommendations from Your Chiropractor
Dr. Todd J. Georges wants you to live the healthiest life possible. To that end, he utilizes his training in chiropractic treatment and acupuncture to ease pain and promote health.
He goes beyond that, though, by providing lifestyle recommendations that can boost your health. Together, you can address your fitness, diet, ergonomics, and other lifestyle concerns. He’ll provide you with a treatment plan that can reduce pain, improve immune health, and reduce your risk of certain diseases.
Would you like more tips on how to reduce neck pain? Contact our team today at (217) 247-2473. We’re happy to answer your questions.